Well...this is it...the final Steve and Sarah wedding post, then we can get on with the rest of the summer pics:) Let me set the scene, Steve and Lilly had one last dance, then the bride and groom were trying to give everyone their final hugs before leaving...off goes Steve...from across the room Lilly yells "Uncle Steve, don't leave!!!" Uncle Steve comes back to scoop up a very teary eyed 4 year old...I don't know what their conversation was, but what I do know is that both of them ended up in tears and hugging each other as if to hold on for dear life, I really hated to interrupt this moment, but someone had to let Uncle Steve know that his Bride was waiting at the front door so they could leave for their honeymoon. When I say this girl was a mess for the rest of the night and beyond it is a severe understatement! She cried on and off all evening and even cried herself to sleep that night, just shaking her head saying "I can't believe he's gone Momma...I just can't even believe it, my heart is broke..."...dramatic yes, heartbreaking yes...Lilly asked me if Uncle Steve was missing her too...confession time...I lied to the girl, I told her yes...


1 comment:
I love that girl, I wish we could be closer.
Post a Comment