14 October 2010

Best Buddy BBQ

After our big summer trip of weddings Ben and buddy Ethan who is just 2 months younger decided that they should have a Best Buddy BBQ Birthday celebration for the big number 2!  These boys seriously crack us up all the time.  When they see each other they run in their still a little bit awkward way towards each other and give big hugs and then start chattering in their now almost recognizable language.  I love that these two have each other...I love that they sometimes wonder if they are related...I love that when Ben looks at himself in the mirror he says "Momma, Look...Ethan"...I love that my 2 year old sweetie has a best buddy!
The boys have matching dump trucks which Momma Tarrah and I thought would make perfect homes for the boys birthday "dirt" cake, with worms crawling out of course!  And this Momma who has always wanted twins gets to dress these two alike and pretend sometimes:)
Being a summer birthday means HOT HOT weather, so we set us our redneck water park!  Scott set up the water slide, we had a double slip 'n slide....so everyone was a wet, grassy yet cool mess!
Our big 2 year old diggin' in!  Oh and what party would be complete without one buddy biting the other buddy right on the cheek just because he wanted to ride in his car?  Check out Ethan's cheek...we are quite sure that Ben's teeth match up perfectly with the imprints there!  
You 2 boys are loved so much and we had so much fun celebrating YOU!

3 comments:

Tarrah said...

OH how I love these boys :)! Great post Anne. And look, they even switch hair styles from time to time :)

Anonymous said...

I'd like two just them please!! Meeeeeps.. they are soo cute. Hugs. tammy

Schaefer Clan said...

Hey Anne!

I was trying to call you, but I don't have your number?! Did it change? Call me- we have news :-)

Love,
Nance