If you know Lilly at all, you know she has been an avid thumb sucker since age 3 months...nothing could come between this girl and her thumb...I mean she didn't just suck it at night...it was ALL day everyday, for every occasion happy, sad, scared, tired, upset etc...but it was time to start breaking this habit...but how? Well we finally found something that would work...she was asked to be the flower girl in Uncle Steve's wedding so we told her that if she could go 21 days with no sucking she could get her ears pierced before the wedding...but if not she would have to wait until she was 5. We were quickly able to see what a determined little girl we have. She even brought me her "B"...the blankie she has carried with her and slept with her whole life...anyway, she asked if I would keep it for her for awhile because it was making her want to suck...such a big girl...we were so proud of her big girl way of handling this! So needless to say...SHE DID IT!!!!
One ear down and one to go...she was so nervous and we kept telling her she didn't have to do this, but her immediate response was "no no no I can do this Momma, I want earrings for Uncle Steve's wedding"...
Good job brave girl! And if you blow this pic up you can see the tear on her cheek...smiles but still in pain!


2 comments:
Awesome job Lilly! I was so proud of you. And talk about looking older, what happened to Abe in this picture, he looks so much older :)
Woohoo, Lilly! I was so proud of you that you were able to get your ears pierced. And you looked so beautiful at our wedding. I love you Lilly!
Post a Comment