25 July 2010

Rehersal Time

Wedding #1 of the summer!!!  Rehearsal time for Steve and Sarah...I love how "relaxed" they both look in this picture:)  They planned an amazing wedding in only 3 short months...and from the looks of this picture they were ready for vacation!
Lillian the flower girl and Sarah's nephew the ring bearer taking a practice walk down the isle.  Lilly was so excited...and this adorable dress she is wearing was picked out just for her by her uncle Steve...so cute!
Ben's official job at the wedding was just this...be cute and smile for pictures...

You may look at this picture and say "awww, how cute" and yes it is, but this one picture says so much more.  Lillian and Steve have this special bond that's just there, maybe because he looks identical to her Papa, maybe because they have had so much time together...I don't know, but it is real and it is there.  Lilly loves her new Aunt Sarah, but to be honest she was really having a hard time letting go of her Uncle Steve to some other girl.  She was asking questions that weekend like, "Uncle Steve will marry Aunt Sarah but I will still be his #1 girl, right Momma?"  Well darlin', not so much...but he will still have a special place just for you in his life.  There were so many heart breaking moments that weekend...she cried herself to sleep at night, it was pitiful!  She overheard people talking about Steve and Sarah's honeymoon and thought it would be really fun if she went with them...devastated when we had to tell her that was one trip she couldn't go on.  She also thought it was fun that they would be staying in the same room together after their wedding and maybe she could go with them and the three of them could have a sleepover..."great idea, right Momma?"...yet again, can't do that either darlin' and I am not even going to get into the details of all the reasons that would not be a great idea :)!!!  So that's how the conversations went that weekend...so sweet but you could see the tug on her heart and it was breaking.  But with that...she is sooooo excited about Aunt Sarah and can't wait for her and Uncle Steve to come see us...she even said "now that they are married they can both sleep in our frog together...they could come live with us...right Momma"...I told her I thought that was a great idea!!!
Wedding pictures to come:)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

steve said...

Oh, I love those girls, yep both of them!!

The Robinson Family said...

So sweet!