About a week ago now we got 5" of snow...yes SNOW in Wilmington!!!! There has been no storm like this in the last decade...sooooo people around here went nuts! We have seen snow and have even been able to build a snowman in Colorado this year, but there was something so fun about seeing neighbors totally freaking out and joyously playing in the cold white stuff:) We had to hurry and take a picture of our back yard before it started melting!
We thought it would be fun to go see snow at the beach...a first for our family...the drive there was just as fun as actually being there...we had to tour our neighborhood to check out the hundreds of snowmen. It was unbelievable not only how MANY there were, and the fact that ALL of them were completed by like 7 a.m. but the creativity was the bright spot...we saw a punkman with a mo-hawk made from pine needles, a pirate with patch and all, a bear...I mean he looked just like a bear...people must have had their pumpkin carving tools out to do the detail they had done...but I guess when you only get to build a man once every decade or so you really do have to go all out! It was impressive to say the least!
And here is our attempt at a beachy snowbum! Please note the detail of the oyster shell goatee:) Scott's big addition! It really was an amazing site to see snow on our sandy beach...we stayed long enough to get this beauty built...take some pics and be completely frozen! We decided to stop by a new fav spot the "Surf House" where we enjoyed the best cup of Hot Chocolate EVER!!!! They put big toasted marshmallows in your mug and shave chocolate over the top which goes all over your crisp white mug and you end up with chocolate polka dotted hands....a delicious experience!!!
Then back home...what snow storm would be complete without a snow ball fight! I just love the pure joy on Lillian's face here! She has so much fun pelting her Papa! Ben got in on the action but couldn't seem to keep his mittens on and ended up with painfully frozen fingers! What a wonderful time...so snow we'll see you when I'm in my mid 40's and our kiddos are into their teens...YIKES! It was fun white party but we are thankful that today there are signs of spring...I even awoke to hear birds chirping!!!

3 comments:
Great pictures Anne!!!!! Love ya
Great pics. I can't decide my favorite if it's the backyard, goatee snowman or Lilly. I'm glad you had fun with the snow because I'm tired of it. Supposed to get another foot. . .
Are you still snowed in? Where have you been? : )
Post a Comment